USE OF Ecommerce Website
PASSWORD & ACCOUNT
The use of Website / Site may require you to register an online account ("Account"), to enable you to access and use certain portions of this site or use certain services. There is no compulsion if you do not wish to register which means you do not wish to make any use or access the Website/ Site or its contents or products and services offered herein. When you choose to register to access, you shall provide Carlton London with true, accurate, complete and up-to-date identity for the purpose of Registration of your Account. Carlton London has no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of the Site. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your identify, account or password.
Except for Content that is in the public domain, all Content, as well as the selection and arrangement of the Content, is owned by (or licensed to) Carlton London, its affiliates or suppliers and is protected by copyright, trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and/or other laws and may not be used, copied or imitated in whole or in part except as expressly provided in these Conditions. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Conditions, all rights in and to the Content are expressly reserved by Carlton London.
MODIFICATION OR CHANGE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Carlton London / Website/ Site may at any time update or modify or change the Terms & Conditions of Use of the Website/ Site without any prior notification. You can access the latest version of the User Agreement at any given time on the Website/ Site. You should regularly check and review the Terms & Conditions on the Website/ Site whenever visiting the website before access or make use of the Website/ Site in any manner. In the event the modified Terms & Conditions is not acceptable to you, you should discontinue using the Website/ Site in any manner and particular for services or purchase of any products offered by the Website / Site. However, if you continue to visit or access or use the services offered by the website you shall be deemed to have unconditionally agreed to accept and abide by the modified Terms & Conditions of Use of this Website/ Site.
BILLING / INVOICE from SELLER to CUSTOMER
The Selling Price of the products as displayed / mentioned along with each Product on the Website / Site is inclusive of all Taxes such as VAT or GST as Applicable time to time. The applicable tax(es) such as VAT or GST charged shall depend upon the source of the Product from the where the product is dispatched and the destination where the order has to be delivered. The tax(es) applicable on Sale of the Product by Website/ Site to Customer will be paid by the Seller /company / vendor / licensee as the case may be , as applicable. The Name of the Seller / Vendor/ Licensee is mentioned on the Website/ Site for each category of the Product and the same will also be mentioned on the Invoice sent along with the Product dispatched to the Customer. The entity / company raising the Invoice of the Product or Services to the Customer will be referred to as the Company/ Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee as the case may be. You have made a note of same and now further agreed that the Company/ Seller/ Vendor / Licensee alone and solely responsible for the Services / Product sold to you as the Customer or user including all guarantees, warrantees, offers, replacement / return/ refund, size(s), colour(s), shape(s), contents, credentials, materials, specification etc. etc. mentioned for the services / product being sold or sold. The Website / Site / CARLTON LONDON/ CRPL / CL is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the Product / Services. In case of any dispute or any claim arising out of any purchase/ sales of products / services, you as the Customer or user to kindly notify the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee / Company as mentioned in details of each Category or as particularly mentioned on the Invoice sent along with the Product / Services provided to you.
Carlton London/ CRPL/ Website / Site reserves the right to recover the cost of goods, collection charges and lawyers fees from persons using the Website/ Site fraudulently in any manner. Carlton London/ CRPL/ Website / Site reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Site and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions. Carlton London/ CRPL/ Website / Site OR the Seller / Vendor/ Licensee of Products or Services shall not be responsible or to be asked to absorb any liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline or failure of authorization for any Transaction.
There are limited period “redeemable vouchers” or “Schemes” which are issued by the Website/ Site/ CRPL or by the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee , all referred to as “the Issuer” as the case may be , time to time which can be withdrawn / cancelled / extended by “the Issuer” as part of any campaign or scheme. The terms for these campaigns will be decided by the Website/ Site and / or by the Issuer, as the case may be, at the time of the campaign. You as the Customer and/ or as the user once accepting or receiving any such “Redeemable Vouchers” as per the Offer / Product/ Services is confirming having unconditionally accepted and abide by all the terms and conditions of the “Redeemable Vouchers” or “Scheme” as mentioned on the Website/ Site or as mentioned on the “Redeemable Voucher” and / or the Scheme. Any dispute or claim arising out of such “Redeemable Voucher” and/ or the Scheme(s) and / or will be notified to “the Issuer” . The Website/ Site / CRPL operating the website / Site will not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever except for communicating and passing on the message / email / notice to “the Issuer” or the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee having sold the Services/ Products and/ or the “Redeemable Voucher” and / or the Scheme.
CREDIT CARD/DEBIT CARD/ UPI AND NET BANKING DETAILS
You agree, understand and confirm that the credit card, debit card, UPI, Net Banking details provided by you or used by you for availing of services on the e-commerce platform/ Website/ Site, are always correct and accurate in every aspect and belongs to you and lawfully owned by you. You shall not use the credit card, debit card, UPI, Net Banking which is not lawfully owned by you, i.e. in a credit card, debit card, UPI, Net Banking transaction, you must use your own credit card, debit card, Net Banking account. You further agree and undertake to provide the correct, accurate and valid credit card, debit card, Net Banking details to the ecommerce platform/ Website/ Site /Carltonlondon.com / Carltonlondon.co.in. The ecommerce platform / website/ site will not be liable or be held responsible for any credit card, debit card or Net Banking fraud. You yourself as the user or customer solely responsible for choice of use of credit card , debit card , UPI or Net Banking of your choice. The responsibility and liability for use of a card, debit card, UPI or Net Banking fraudulently or leading to any fraud will be on you and the onus to 'prove otherwise' shall be exclusively on you.
PRODUCT INFORMATION AND COLOR
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on several aspects of your screen / monitor/ phone you watching or using. Thus actual color of the product may vary from the color appearing in screen / monitor/ mobile . Further, the Website/ Site has ensured that the measurements, information and description for products furnished on the site are best calculated and stated to accuracy and true to its dimensions. However, due to the inherent characteristics of certain materials, actual measurements of individual items might vary slightly. Slight marks and colour / print variations should not be considered as a fault, but they are to be considered as inherent characteristics of the product.
There may be information on this Website/ Site that contains typographical errors that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information without prior notice. Similarly any description or discrepancy arising from singular or plural in any specification , description , statement or terms and conditions to be ignored and appropriately considered as applicable. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information, the ecommerce platform / Website/ Site shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card, debit card, UPI or Net Banking already charged and If it has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, the payment shall immediately be refunded to you as per process of refund / return as applicable.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY and LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You as the user or Customer accessing this ecommerce platform / Website/ Site or by virtue of use of the services or Products offered by the Website/ Site entering into any transaction of purchase or return or exchange or communication of any kind expressly acknowledge and agree that the disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, change of law, inaccuracy, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, interpretation, offer in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of this site whether for breach of contract, tortious behaviour (including strict liability), negligence or under any other cause of action. You as the user or customer as mentioned above further and specifically acknowledge that Carlton London , Carlton , CL , CRPL and/ or the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee is not liable for the defamatory or offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you. In no event will , Carlton London or Carlton or CL or CRPL and/or the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing this Website / Site, or the content included herein, be liable in contract, in tort (including for its own negligence) or under any other legal theory (including strict liability) for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or similar damages, including without limitation, lost profits or revenues, loss of use or similar economic loss, arising out of the use of inability to use the website/ Site. You as the user or Customer hereby acknowledge that the provisions of this section shall apply to all use of and content on this site. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event the total liability of ecommerce platform / Website/ Site or Carlton London or Carlton or CRPL and/ or the Seller/ Vendor/ Licensee to you for all damages, losses or causes of action, whether in contract tort including its own negligence or under any other legal theory including strict liability, shall exceed in any manner the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless carltonlondon.com from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by the ecommerce platform / Website/ Site that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by you pursuant to these Terms.
When you use the Website / Site and email to Carlton London, you are communicating electronically with the Website/ Site. The website/ site will communicate with you by email, notices or SMS on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
LINKS and LOGO of Others
Links or Logos or symbols on this Website/ Site owned by third parties are not under the control of CRPL / Website/ Site and thus CRPL / Website/ Site cannot, therefore, and may not in any way be deemed responsible, for any reason, cause or motive, for the contents of such site links or the linked addresses or Logos. The inclusion of links or Logos of such websites does not imply any endorsement, on the part of the Website/ Site, of the linked websites.
You undertake, confirm and agree that the Website/ Site has the right in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the site or services, without assigning any reason. No claim or damage or liability arise on the Website/ Site due to restriction, suspension or termination of your access.
The ecommerce platform / Website/ Site protects all the information you share with us. We follow strict steps to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our systems. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution. When you register with the ecommerce platform / Website/ Site , you provide/ enter your email address and a password which allows us to provide you access to your account every time you visit our site. At the completion of your purchase, we also ask you for your name, phone number, email, billing and shipping addresses. This information may be disclosed to specific members of our staff and to select third parties (such as our credit card processor and shipping provider) involved in the completion of your transaction and delivery of your order. We may also need your email address or phone number to contact you if we have questions about your order. The Website/ Site will not sell, rent or disclose the customer information to any third party.
GOVERNING LAWS AND JURIDICTIONS
This Agreement and the relationship between you and the Website/ Site will be governed by the laws as applicable in India. Any disputes will be handled and submitted to exclusively in the competent courts of Gurgaon, Haryana India. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Website/ Site and governs your use of the Website/ Site, superseding any prior or other agreements between you and Website/ Site with respect to the Website/ Site.
As per these Terms, users are solely responsible for every material or content uploaded on to the Website/ Site. Users can be held legally liable for their contents and may be held legally accountable if their contents or material include, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, etc. If you come across any abuse or violation of these Terms, please report to email@example.com
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EXCHANGE / RETURNS
As per these Terms, users are solely responsible for every material or content uploaded on to the Website/ Site. Users can be held legally liable for their contents and may be
- Any communication or matter or subject or claim regarding delivery will be accepted / responded up to maximum of 10 days from the actual date of delivery to you as available in the system. The Website/ Site or the Seller/ Vendor/ will not assume any responsibility or liability and will not entertain any communication or subject or claim, for non-delivery after expiry of aforesaid 10 days’ time period.
- In case you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can exchange any merchandise brought from the Website/Site, within 10 days from the date of delivery as appearing in the system, provided that you undertake and agree that the item(s)/ Style(s) / article(s) being returned for exchange is unused, clean and in their original state and packaging including the tags , polybag/ boxes as applicable. There are several categories/ items of personal use once purchased are not acceptable for any return or exchange and the same is mentioned and specified in the Return/ Exchange policy applicable along with the Product /item/ Category. The Website/ Site or the Seller/ Vendor/ will not assume any responsibility or liability and will not entertain any communication or subject or claim, for non-delivery after expiry of aforesaid 10 days’ time period.
- The warranty on products / item(s) / Style(s) / Articles (s) is as mentioned in each Category. In case you face or go through any genuine problem after use / wearing due to any manufacturing defect or defect of materials , it can be raised as a Claim against Manufacturing Defect. Provided terms of eligibility of claim are satisfied as per terms and conditions, any claim against manufacturing defect can be raised as a Claim within the specified period as “within maximum no. of days” as mentioned below.
Footwear : 10 days from Date of Receipt by the Customer
Handbags : 10 days from Date of Receipt by the Customer
Belts : 10 days from Date of Receipt by the Customer
Wallets : 10 days from Date of Receipt by the Customer
No Claim/ return/ exchange are acceptable in Category of Jewellery, Perfumes, Beauty, Personal Care etc. in any circumstances.
- For any such claim against manufacturing defect, the particular item / product will be picked up by the shipping agent appointed by the Website/ Site by the process for claim available on website for reporting such claims against manufacturing defects or vide communication by email / phone as the case may be.
- For Return / Exchange / Claim, after the item/ product it is mandatory to have the item/ product inspected by the Seller / Vendor/ Licensee, as the case may be for acceptance of Return/ Exchange / Claim. The same will be updated on the website/ site to the customer or communicated by email / phone about status of acceptance.
- Upon acceptance of return / exchange /claim, the amount as applicable will be credited instantly by the Seller / Vendor/ Licensee to the Wallet of the Customer Account registered on website/ site. The amount available in Wallet can be utilised as a voucher by the Customer for making payment for next purchase by the Customer. The amount will not be refunded incase of return / exchange/ claim and only be credited to the Wallet of the Customer Account.
- All request(s) of return / exchange / claim will be verified against evidence of purchase / payment / delivery , to be provided by the Customer when prompted by the Website/ Site system or asked by email or phone , to determine and verify actual purchase and date of delivery of each item/ style / article. Your communication must clear mention specific Order ID / Tracking ID/Invoice No. to identify the Order/Item/ Date of Delivery.
- No warranty/guarantee/exchange/refund for any item(s) / style(s) / article(s) purchased on discount or during sale period
- Any Product / Item / Style / Article sold under any promotional scheme including but not limited to discount coupons / gift coupons issued under any promotional/discount scheme by the Website/ Site or directly by the Seller/Vendor/ Licensee or in association with any third party will not be eligible for any return / exchange/ Claim.
- For exchange/claim, please contact Customer Service at Phone : ………………………….. or write to the Website / Site by email :………………………………….
You may expect a response by email or a call by customer care in 48 hours from the date and time of the complete submission of information required for the Return / Exchange / Claim.
- If any item / product / style has a date of expiry notified on it and date of information / submission of request of return / exchange / claim is after the date of expiry , such item / product / style will be not be accepted under any circumstances. The customer is advised not to use any item after the date of expiry notified on the Item/ Product.
- For Exchange or Claim, it is mandatory to have the article inspected by the store and to return the article to our stores, upon approval of exchange/claim
- The Website/ Site , at the first instance, will only offer a replacement against any item / product/ style / size/ color etc available on the Website/ Site in the identical category offered by the same Seller / Vendor/ Licensee. In case the selected item(s) / product(s) / Style(s) / Article(s) / Color/ Size as per the choice of customer is not available, the amount will be credited to the Wallet of the Customer Account.
- Replacement against exchange/claims will be subject to availability of the same product on the Website/ Site from the Seller / Vendor/ Licensee.
- The decision of the Website/ Site / the Seller will be considered final and binding on the Customer and will be at sole discretion of the Website/ Site/ Seller of the item / product / style/ article.
- All disputes subject to exclusive territorial jurisdiction of the courts of Gurgaon, State of Haryana only.
For any query or clarification , the customer may kindly get in touch Customer
Service Department by Phone : …………………………………………….. Email : ……………………………………
- Items not used – can be returned in 10 days from date of purchase and Credit Note is issued or amount credit to the customer Wallet. Customer can make use of the amount immediately for next purchase. Refund is not given.
- The amount for the item will be Credited to the Customer Wallet upon receipt of the item returned and inspection thereof. Customer will be kept updated about the item returned and inspection.
- Customer to ensure the Item purchased to be returned with the Original packing and Tags. If the item returned is found used or without original packing and Tags , Carlton London/ website / platform or the Supplier reserves the right not to Credit the Amount to the Customer Wallet. It is at sole discretion of Carlton London/ website/ Platform or the Supplier.
- Items which are found defective after use by the Customer – warranty is 60 days from date of purchase.
- Item will be picked up and then inspected by the Supplier and should be agreeably defected with Manufacturing defects. Any intentional damage to the product / item will not be accepted as defective. Any exposure to damaging conditions leading to defect will also not be accepted as defective.
- The Customer to ensure the item is securely packed properly for the courier to be able to pickup.
- Once return is accepted by the Supplier, the amount paid by the Customer for the item to be credited to the Customer Wallet
- In case the product is a licensee product then for that particular product T&C of our Licensee partner shall be applicable. Name of the Supplier / Licensee is displayed and available to the Customer in product details/ Labels.